One Of the best Summit Climbs For Beginners
Kedarkantha (not to be confused with the favored Temple Kedarnath) is a 6-day long trek in Govind Pashu Vihar national park in Uttarakhand (6 when including the travel days from Dehradun to the base camp and back). Kedarkantha is definitely one among the foremost popular treks in India — popular amongst seasoned trekkers and beginners alike.
There are many reasons why it's a really popular trek to try to to within the Indian Himalayas. the foremost important of them is that this — the summit climb.
The summit climb of Kedarkantha may be a very rewarding one. Right from the bottom camp of the trek, the summit looms large. As you begin your trek within the early hours of the morning and steadily climb up the steep slope, the planet exposes around you.
The climb isn't easy. the whole stretch is steadily steep. As you meet up with to the summit, it gets tricky also . But the large mountains of the upper Himalayas keep you company until you finally reach the summit.
As you stretch yourself and absorb the views of the Himalayas from the summit, you are feeling a robust sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. this is often an unparalleled feeling.
Very few treks offer an equivalent adventure, making it popular among beginners for its finest summit climb.
Outside the summit, the trek is additionally unique for its beautiful clearings. Very rarely you'll find stunning clearings on a trek that creates way for a few rest spots and delightful campsites. This trek is crammed with clearings altogether the various routes. What more, the clearings are just at the proper locations, supplying you with beautiful vantage points to understand the trek and its views.
The third biggest reason this trek is exclusive is its beautiful forests. All three routes have beautiful diverse forests which will totally immerse you in. If you're not careful, you'll stray in them (in a decent way).
- Transport from Dehradun to Dehradun – Tempo Traveller 13+D+ Bolero taxi
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel at Sankri 02 nights
- Accommodation in tents on twin/three share basis
- All meals: Breakfast, Lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and Dinner
- Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining table
- Kitchen team
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Technical Equipment for your safety
- Gaiters or Crampons
Note - We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keep you fit and healthy on the trek. (Veg food or Egg )
- Personal Insurance
- Personal toiletry Items
- Medical certificate is mandatory for age of 50 above
- On the first day en route to base camp the breakfast and lunch are not included
- Last day en route lunch and dinner are not included
- If you don't pick up your trekking bag yourself then if you need porters for that then its cost on bag on per day . 700.00 will have to be given separately, which you have to pay directly in the base camp
Day 1: Arrival, Dehradun – Drive to Sankri Market – 210 Km (8/9 Hours (1920 Meters) overnight stay at hotel in Sankri
- Arrive at Dehradun and start your journey towards Sankri village
- Drive along Yamuna and Tons river, with pine forests surrounding your way and enjoy the beauty of nature at its best
- After the breezy ride reach Sankri and check-in to the comfortable campsite
- Enjoy a lip-smacking dinner at the campsite
- Overnight stay at Sankri
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda ka talab (05 km) (4/5 Hours) (2700 m) overnight stay Camp
- After breakfast, you will set out on the hike from Saur Village and start climbing up
- Along the way, we will cross several high-altitude suspension bridges and small villages
- Reach the lake called Juda Ka Talab, where Lord Shiva had opened a small lock of his hair and water dripped from his hair forming this huge lake
- Step out of your camps and witness the starlit sky bedside the frozen lake
- Overnight stay at Juda Ka Talab
Day 3: Trek from Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha base camp (03 km) (2/3 Hours) overnight stay Camp
- Enjoy breakfast at Juda Ka Talab, and head towards Kedarkantha base\
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of snow-lined path and patches of green that surrounds your way
- In case the weather is harsh, comfort yourself at the safe and equipped Gujjar huts
- The imposing view of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana will knock the breath straight out of you
- Upon reaching the campsite, mark the end of the day with a wonderful dinner and retire to the tents for the night
- Overnight stay at the Kedarkantha base
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha base camp to Kedarkantha summit (12500 Feet) (3800 Meters back to hargaon camp site – 9 km) (5/6 Hours) (2645 Meters)
- Post Breakfast get ready for the ultimate adventure
- Start early at around 2 am in the morning and it will take anywhere between 7 to 8 hours to get to the summit
- You will get to feel the welcoming and filtered sunrays from the mountains of the Yamunotri and Gangotri range and also of Kinner Kailash ranges.
- On reaching the summit, your jaw is going to drop and your eyes will not blink as you see the sun rising from the summit
- After spending some time at the summit and will start descending and walk all the way down to base camp
- Reach the campsite and end the day with a delicious dinner
Day 5: Trek from Hargaon camp to Sankri base camp – (05 km) (4/5 Hours) (1920 Meters)overnight stay hotel
- Enjoy the delicious breakfast at the base camp
- As you descend to Sankri village, get ready to listen to some interesting local stories shared by your guide
- Continue on the trail and admire the views of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas
- Arrive at the tiny Sankri village and share your trekking stories with your friends over a cup of coffee
- Overnight stay at Sankri village
Day 6: Drive from Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210 km)(8/9 Hours)
- After a mouth-watering breakfast, board the vehicle and start driving back towards Dehradun
- Arrive in Dehradun by around late afternoon or evening
- Kedarkantha trek package ends here with beautiful memories
- We don’t have any hidden charges like VAT, GST
- The above rates are valid till the given period only
- Breakfast and refreshments are not included in the Arrival date
- Above 5-year-old is payable
- In case of any unexpected Bandh or Strike, we will make an alternative arrangement. The expense incurred for the same is not included in the package
- The ID shall be verified before the boarding
- Campers must take care of their luggage and Belongings. The Management shall not be accountable for missing items along the tour.
- It’s a No Drugs zone. Our events involve physical demanding activities such as hiking, Trekking, Water Sports, etc. and We recommend every camper to be in the right shape to make the most of them, Others are not allowed.
- Numerous factors such as Weather and Road Conditions, the physical ability of participants, etc. may bring alteration in the itinerary. We reserve the right to make necessary changes in the schedule in the interest of safety, Comfort, and General wellbeing!
- If you don’t love open spaces and are scared of nature then this camp is not for you!